Way back when…
I decided that instead of covering the pillars and fresh air plenum, that I would paint them. Since Ann was in charge of picking colors for the inside, I gave her some different options on paint and she picked one. I then obtained the pull handles for the A-Pillars and proceeded to install the handles and paint the interior parts.
Since paint manufactures sometimes stop producing a particular color of paint, I bought a supply in case I needed to repaint. The results were great. It was a textured paint which hid flaws nicely and dings or scrapes didn’t show very much.
Then we got the seats covered. And given that the sample material was kind of small, Ann missed the color match by just a bit. Then after she spoke with Justin about the interior, she broke the news to me: The interior color would have to be changed. And the color they selected wasn’t available in a textured finish.
So it was time to get to work.
One of the vents for the rear seats couldn’t be removed. I was going to tape it off but I noticed that it wasn’t closing. so I created an access panel (more work) and removed it. I contacted Aveo Engineering and explained that while I had purchased these vents over 6 years ago that they had only been in use for about 1 years. They sent me a replacement at no charge!
Then it was sanding, filling, sanding, filling, etc. It was much harder this time since a) the plenum was already installed and not on a bench and b) the plane was not upside down so the overhead parts weren’t on the floor.
But after much work, it was done.
One thing I’m not happy about are the A-Pillar pull handles. I painted them because I couldn’t find any at the junkyard in the right color. I’ll keep looking.
While all this was going on, I also made some changes to the switch panels.